• Home
  • Interview
  • Marco Carniello: "The Immersive Journey is Here"

Marco Carniello: "The Immersive Journey is Here"

Marco Carniello, Global Exhibition Director Jewellery & Fashion at IEG, gives a quick insight into what awaits us at Vicenzaoro January and 2023 on an international scale

«Let's start with a global fact: Italian Exhibition Group's international development path is in full swing. After the JGT Dubai operation, which will see the second edition of the Middle East’s most important BtoB event for jewelry take place in 2023, we have started to look towards the Far East, acquiring a base in Singapore, which is indispensable for us to preside over the South East Asian market. We recently signed an agreement with the local CEMSConference & Exhibition Management Services to acquire its jewelry and food shows. Singapore will therefore be our bridgehead towards a highly potential market with a very significant growth rate worth 700 million people and which, at least currently, still has a rather modest Made-in-Italy penetration rate. Given the relatively low propensity of local South East Asian buyers to come to Europe, we will be the ones to bring them the best Italian and international offer, according to the strategy we are pursuing of always looking beyond the obstacle. The Singapore International Jewellery Show, the jewelry event that will become part of IEG's portfolio, is both a B2B and B2C event that has been held for 18 years and will also offer brands the chance to increase their communication to the final public. But the next appointment on IEG's Jewelry Agenda is Vicenzaoro January 2023, to be held from 20th to 24th January.

This event is increasingly turning into an immersive moment where sector operators not only become inspired and find what they are looking for, they also find what they didn’t even know they were looking for. For us it is essential to build a varied and innovative offer so that the show becomes an ever-greater and indispensable tool for the visitor to construct new and further business and relationship opportunities. The new claim “Discover More” is an invitation to be an active part of Vicenzaoro in order to discover everything that will enable you to develop your business in the coming months. Propaedeutic to this is the involvement of the entire supply chain: Vicenzaoro is the only event where you can find leading companies from every single stage of the production chain, from technology to components, from colored gemstones to diamonds, from packaging to management software, right up to the finished product, and this includes both the fashion and luxury fields. And that’s not all. From the point of view of the variety of proposals, if 65% of exhibitors are Italian, the remaining 35% groups together the best of the foreign offer in the various segments, covering a vast geographical area, ranging from India, China and Thailand to the top European brands. To complete the picture, in January, a new exhibition format will be making its debut in the Look area.

Entitled “Time”, it is a BtoB space for the entire watchmaking supply chain with a selection of brands and high-potential independent and micro companies. About forty brands will be attending including those representing components, accessories, tools and after-sales services for the sector. We are sure that this will create further synergies between the jewelry e watch worlds. As always, two other events will be held at the same in January: T.Gold and VO Vintage, our two “strongholds” on technology at the service of jewelry and on fine vintage jewelry and watches respectively. In particular, we can already say that T.Gold will increase its offer with almost 10% more exhibitors. A sign that this is a sector on the move and one that never misses a good opportunity to broaden its horizons.»

Share this article:

Subscribe to our Newsletter

Your browser is out of date!

Update your browser to view this website correctly. Update my browser now